AARP Kentucky, Metropolitan Housing Coalition, Louisville Affordable Housing Trust Fund and the Louisville League of Women Voters invites the community to join a discussion regarding Louisville Metro’s Land Development Code Reform. After decades of discussion and a directive by Metro Council, Louisville Metro’s Planning and Design office has conducted a review of the code.
Together we will discuss some of the recommendations that have been developed in the initial stages of this review and answer any questions that the community may have. Attendance is free but you must register in advance. You will receive the Zoom link once you register.
Phase 1 Recommendations:
1. Requiring Notices of Development to be mailed to property owners and residents
2. Reduce barriers to creating market gardens, community gardens and similar uses
3. Allowing Accessory Dwelling Units to be permitted with special standards
4. Permitting duplexes by right on properties zoned for multifamily uses
5. Reducing residential setbacks
6. Eliminating Floor Area Ratio