Codes Committee (Open)
- Chair: Tommy McKechnie
- Duties: This committee will review proposed building code changes, discuss code interpretations, meet with local governments and inspectors to discuss code issues, and have updates on important code items
This committee will meet at least 4 times a year but no more than 6 times a year
Commercial Council Committee (Open)
- Chair: Michael Gross
- Duties: This committee provides an opportunity for those members engaged in commercial development/redevelopment to meet with the elected officials and discuss issues specific to their segment of the industry.
This Council will meet at least 4 times per year.
Government Affairs Committee (Open)
- Chair: Jim Dahlem
- Duties: The Government Affairs Committee has the important responsibility of educating local elected officials about development, housing, and construction related issues.
The full committee will meet at least 6 times per year.
Land Development Committee (Open)
- Co-Chairs: Billy Doelker and Rich Heareth
- Duties: LDC invites local government entities to discuss land development issues. This includes proposed changes to regulations, policies, practices, requirements, and interpretations of land development rules and regulations
The committee will meet at least 10 times per year.
Membership Recruitment Committee (Open)
- Co-Chairs: Chad Turner and Chase Thieneman
- Duties: The Membership Recruitment Committee is charged with recruiting and encouraging new members to join the organization.
The Committee meets each month on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 10:00 am in the BIA office
Membership Retention Committee (Open)
- Chair: Melissa McKee
- Duties: This committee is charged with contacting all expiring members at least three times prior to membership expiration to encourage continued membership in the association.
This committee will meet the 2nd Thursday of each month at 2:00 pm.
BIPAC Committee (Closed)
- Chair: Seth Anderson
- Duties: This committee is charged with raising funds for the Building Industry Political Action Committee. Additionally, this committee reviews candidate support requests from the Government Affairs Committee and approves/denies funding.
Builder Committee (Closed)
- Chair: Jason Orthober
- Duties: This committee is charged with establishing and implementing all rules, policies, and procedures governing the Builder program including eligibility standards and educational requirements. The Builder Committee will meet with new builder members after approval by the Board of Directors. This committee has authority to request appearance by a builder member that fails to meet requirements set forth for builder members.
Executive Committee (Closed)
- Roles: President, VP, Sec/Treasurer, Immediate Past President, AVP 1, AVP 2 and President's Advisor
- Duties: The Executive Committee acts as the policy and steering committee of the Association and is responsible for establishing the Association's budget, providing public statements if necessary, and for raising adequate funds for the organization.