The BIA Education Department provides members and non-members ever- expanding course offerings for construction professionals.
Please check the schedule for classes approved by Metro Construction Review (MCR) - formerly Inspections, Permits & Licensing Credit Hours (IPL).
Builders pulling permits in Jefferson County are required to obtain 6 hours of approved courses each year.
- Individuals MUST register for classes via the registration form OR online at: bialouisville.com. Completed forms and payment can be mailed to the BIA Office, 1000 N Hurstbourne Pkwy Suite 100, Louisville 40223, Attention Education Department.
- ALL REGISTRATIONS MUST INCLUDE A COMPLETED FORM AND PAYMENT
- *Members: if you register online to obtain your CEUs, you MUST log in to your account (Builders must register under their own name, not their company name). You will be charged a $10 administrative fee for any refunds.
- If you logged in and are not seeing the member price, re-login at the registration field or call the BIA at 502-429-6000
- No refunds will be issued for online courses (video, zoom, etc.)
- Registrations for in-person courses may be rescheduled by providing written (email) notice 24 hours prior to the class day. A $10 cancellation fee applies.
- A $15 reschedule fee applies if canceled on the day of the class.
- A no-call no-show will not receive a refund or credit.
- Payment is transferable - limited to two times per person or per company. Transferable payments must be used within the calendar year.
- All cancellations should be emailed to Membership@bialouisville.com.
CLASS CANCELED – weather/instructor/pandemic/etc.
- Make sure to check your email or the website (bialouisville.com)
- If the class cannot be re-scheduled or you cannot attend the rescheduled date and time, you can transfer your payment to another
- You MUST attend a class in its entirety to receive
- NO ONE will be allowed to sign in for a class if more than 10 minutes late. This rule will be strictly enforced!
- Certificates are emailed to the registrant's email. Make sure the email is correct when registering.
- All classes on schedule apply to the Building Industry Association of Greater Louisville (BIA) credits. Not all classes apply to the Metro Construction Review (MCR) required
- Metro requires that builders and remodelers upload their own continuing education certificates to Louisville Metro’s Business Portal. Instructions are available upon request.
- Classes run on the calendar year - from January to December
- Dates and times are listed next to the class – times will vary
- All Classes are located at the BIA Office Building at 1000 N. Hurstbourne Parkway Suite 100 - unless otherwise noted. THE BIA LOWER LEVEL IS NOT HANDICAPPED ACCESSIBLE.
- Registrants will be notified if any classes warrant off-site meeting rooms and location
COST PER HOUR:
- BIA Members are charged $40 per hour unless otherwise noted (see class registration).
- Non-Members are charged $80 per hour unless otherwise noted (see class registration).
- Some classes do require textbooks or other class materials. This is the student’s expense. Please refer to class registration – some class materials will be emailed in advance.
- Extended cell phone use outside of the class could result in the loss of class credit.
Effective November 30th, 2022